President's Diversity Scholarship
The UCM President’s Diversity Scholarship is available for application by current graduate students or students planning to attend graduate school here at UCM. The award consists of a graduate assistantship in a selected department with associated stipend and a tuition scholarship covering up to $2800 per semester for two semesters. The ideal candidate will have minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 in at least nine semesters of graduate work. Must be admitted to a graduate program here at UCM and meet one or more of the following criteria: A student who would be underrepresented in a graduate field of study by ethnicity, race, gender or disability. A low income student as defined by the UCM Student Financial Services office or a first generation graduate student (defined as having no parent or grandparent who completed a graduate degree)
- Supplemental Questions
- President's Diversity Scholarship
- Are you a first generation graduate student?
- Are you a student with a disability? If so please describe nature of disability as it relates to your education.
- Please complete a 500 word essay on your educational goals, career goals, personal ambitions, past and or future contributions to diversity at Central and in the community. Also address the importance of diversity at UCM and the community.
- Please provide the name and email address of an additional person familiar with your academic record who we may contact to provide a second letter of reference for you.
- Please provide the name and email address of someone who knows you personally and can provide a character reference.
- Please provide the name and email address of someone who knows your academic experience who may provide a letter of reference for you