Black & Veatch Annual Scholarship Program
The Black & Veatch Scholarship Program is available for the 2020-2021 academic year through the University of Central Missouri Foundation for an undergraduate student(s) pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology: option of robotics, automation, and controls at UCM.
The Black & Veatch Scholarship Program is a unique signature scholarship program supported by a gift from the Donor, establishing the engineering technology scholarship. The Black & Veatch Scholarship Program will recruit and develop prospective students who exemplify character and leadership in the classroom. The four-year program will provide Black & Veatch Scholars with scholarship support, internships, and unique, high-impact opportunities to prepare for excellence in the profession. The Black & Veatch established the Black & Veatch Scholarship Program to identify, recruit and support students with an interest in engineering technology in the option of robotics, automation, and controls.
To apply for the Black & Veatch Scholarship Program, a student must be:
1 . an incoming first-time , full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing and:
2. have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.00 scale;
3. be fully admitted to UCM
4. have a declared major in Engineering Techno logy: Robotics , Automation, and Controls
5. complete a Black & Veatch Scholarship Program application , which includes providing: one
personal statement with career goals
6. agree to participate in Black & Veatch internship after 20 hours of degree specific courses
7. located within the four state region of Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas or Oklahoma;
To continue in the Black & Veatch Scholarship Program, a student must:
1. participate in all Black & Veatch Scholar activities;
2. maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average;
3. progress towards completion of the engineering technology in the option of robotics, automation , and controls major;
4. continue good academic standing at the university.